“Attempt something so great for God that it’s doomed to failure, unless God be in it.”
- Dr. John Haggai
Objectives and Vision
Global Mission Objectives
- Instill in the Southside body a missional spirit and a desire to support mission work around the world both with funds and personal service.
- Involve every member personally in actual mission activity or in service to missionaries supported by our congregation.
- Spread the Gospel to as many people as possible within our funding capabilities.
- Encourage our young people to be involved in missionary activities.
- Provide a response to every request for financial support.
Click each for more details
Global Missions Map
Scroll over this world map for a general overview of some of the works we support
Supported Mission Areas
Missions Team Philosophy and Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
The criteria for funding include:
- Complete definition of the specific work or need (items on the Mission Work Nomination Form).
- Validation of the information through discussion with the missionary and other informed persons – due diligence period.
- Confirmation of the missionary’s history and credentials.
- Review and confirmation of the ability of the Southside church to fund the work.
Missions Media (pictures and videos)
Kiev, Ukraine | Richard and Denise Baggett
Malawi, Africa | John and Samantha Jewell
Croatia for Christ | Jura Lazar
2018 Croatia for Christ Newsletter: Croatia Newsletter 2018_Q3
2020 Croatia for Christ Newsletter: Q1_2020 Newsletter
Bell Preschool | Zapresic, Croatia - Dan and Lyn Goggin
Global Missions Team Members
Jake MacLeod – CHAIR
Roy Bell (World Bible School)
Kory Cummings (Quito School of Biblical Studies)
James Gleaton (Mission Upreach)
Dan Goggin (Zapresic Croatia Church of Christ)
Hollis “Chino” Gregory
Larry Hale – TREASURER (Sunset International Bible School; Truth for Today)
Kent Hatcher (Eastern European Missions)
Connie MacLeod (The Philippines/Tim & Bambi Warden)
Jaye Skaggs (China Now)
Emily Williams (Croatia for Christ; Rwanda/Eric and Wendy Davenport)
Jake MacLeod – CHAIR